[opensuse-project] Phoronix Intel Atom Benchmark Article
  • From: "Rob OpenSuSE" <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:49:48 +0000
Intel Atom On Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuSE, Mandriva
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_atom_four&num=1

"For our testing this time around we used a Jetway NC92 IPC
motherboard. This mini ITX motherboard uses the Intel 945GC Chipset
with ICH7 Southbridge and it comes with an Atom 230 1.6GHz processor.
This motherboard uses standard DDR2 and it offers a single PCI slot.
In addition to that, we also used a 300GB Seagate ST3300622AS SATA
HDD, 2GB of DDR2 memory, and the Intel 945 graphics were driving a
1680 x 1050 LCD display."

Basically 11.1-RC1 was the slowest in almost all the tests, sometimes
by a very long way, that'll be significant to end users. Is 11.1
likely to make a large difference?