[opensuse-project] Prerelease Torrent files (not ISOs) for openSUSE11.1?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:25:17 +0100
This is an extension of a tread I started over on the openSUSE user list.

When 11.0 was released, the openSUSE servers staggered a bit under the
load of so many people hammering away trying to either grab the
torrent files or download via ftp. The result was that a large number
of us (myself included) waited several days before we were even able
to get near the website so that we could download the torrent files
and get started with downloading/seeding.

So, my proposal is.... pre-release the Torrent files.

Pre-release ONLY the Torrent files so that those of us who will be
Torrenting openSUSE 11.1 can set up our Torrent clients and be ready
to go when 11.1 is released and the Torrent tracker is switched "on".

The advantage is that we will not need to join the queue waiting for
the website to respond, and we will be able to start helping with
distributing this release immediately.

Thoughts? Comments? Is this possible? Reasonable?

C.