Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:28:42 +1100
Zonker,

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 17:45 -0500, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it's even easy to have new kde, gnome, openoffice... whatever
available on cd through build service for people needing a cd, not
even necessary to mirror these cd's (they are usefull, but only for a
small part of our users)

Not necessarily. For instance - no new GNOME was available for 11.0,
even though some members of the GNOME team tried to package it for
11.0. [0] Whether that will hold true for 11.2 or not, I don't know.

We had to can that backport for several reasons. We will, however, make
every attempt to build GNOME 2.26 for openSUSE 11.1. We have actually
already enabled both openSUSE 11.1 and Factory and while we update to
latest GNOME, we will be able to fix whatever breaks as we go.

Cheers,
Magnus