Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:26:58 +0100
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier a écrit :
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there will *always* be a *breaking new* great application needing to
wait some more weeks...

To keep it in perspective, we're not talking about *an application*,
we're talking about a desktop environment that is made up of a slew of
other applications.

not only: we spoke also of openoffice, why not firefox and
thunderbird? why not sync with Mandriva, Ubunto or Debian :-)?

anyway we have no way to know what others are to do and we shouldn't
bother.

Let's use our optimal release cycle and let the *build service* do
what it does very well. The build service is the thing we have to rely
on for latest product.

it's even easy to have new kde, gnome, openoffice... whatever
available on cd through build service for people needing a cd, not
even necessary to mirror these cd's (they are usefull, but only for a
small part of our users)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net