Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:04:09 -0500
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think waiting for KDE 4.3 is a great idea. Right now on the 11.1
release there are many features in KDE missing that used to be in KDE
3.5 (unless they somehow found their way back in between RC1 and GM,
lol). I feel the main focus should be to identify those features and
make an effort to add them.

A brief reminder - while openSUSE and Novell contribute a great deal
to KDE, we don't guide the project or all KDE development. So,
identifying "missing features" and seeing to it that they're available
in 4.3 is (at least in my opinion) a bit beyond the scope of our KDE
developers.

They've done an outstanding job of back-porting features from 4.2 to
4.1 for openSUSE 11.1 and making it exceedingly nice, but putting the
burden of KDE 3.5 feature parity on our crack squad of KDE folks is a
bit much to ask.

Best,

Zonker
--