Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:24:20 +0100
On Monday 15 December 2008, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 12/15/2008 at 14:43, Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

First we talked about July '09 release to come close to an 8
months release cycle. But KDE 4.3 is scheduled for release on
June 30th and

probably an OpenOffice.org release will be out end of June as
well -

both wouldn't make it into a July openSUSE 11.2. Therfor we're
now

It's like always with release dates: getting in 'sync' with
upstream projects is close to impossible, except if they would all
adjust.

So we postpone 11.2 for 2 month in order to get KDE 4.3 in...
sounds actually quiet fair.

And just to let you know: by the typical 6 month cycle, just in
September will most likely be also Gnome 2.28 ;) So we just miss
the addition of hte greatest / best of gnome...
I just checked with aj on Gnome. And my evaluation timewise with
implementing Gnome is too long. We should be able to get Gnome in
11.2 if we have the Gnome GM with last openSUSE Beta version or even
RC1 might be possible. But the latter needs to be confirmed by our
Gnome colleagues JP and Vincent.

but you see what I want to say with this anyhow.
So let's get the discussion going on and I'll do some reschedulung to
get latest Gnome in with 11.2.

Dominique

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: