Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:57:23 -0500
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But it has its downside as well. Finalization of the release would
happen during the summer holiday season. To address this we we added
one Beta to stretch the development time a bit.

As others have said - I have some reservations about releasing in
September and just missing a GNOME release.

I know that syncs badly with the conference, but I think GNOME is
important enough to go ahead and wait for it. Why have such a lengthy
release cycle and then just miss GNOME?

Also, given that people start testing heavily with RCs, it might be
better to have an additional RC rather than an additional beta.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier