Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 14:43 +0100, Michael Loeffler wrote:
Moin,

openSUSE 11.1 is almost out of the door and we (coolo, aj, zonker and
myself) had some discussion about the release date for openSUSE 11.2.

First we talked about July '09 release to come close to an 8 months
release cycle. But KDE 4.3 is scheduled for release on June 30th and
probably an OpenOffice.org release will be out end of June as well -

It is unlikely there will be any major OpenOffice.org update released at
the end of June - the release would be 3.1.1. 3.1 is scheduled for
March 25 currently.

both wouldn't make it into a July openSUSE 11.2. Therfor we're now
thinking about a September release. Beside of getting the most
current OpenOffice and KDE in thhis would even have one additional
upside. It probably would be just in front of our openSUSE
conference. So the conference could be used for very a focused
openSUSE 11.3 planning.
But it has its downside as well. Finalization of the release would
happen during the summer holiday season. To address this we we added
one Beta to stretch the development time a bit.

Here's what we're talking about:

2009-02-05 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 0

Nearly 2 months to alpha 0 seems like a long time - is this simply an
infrastructure issue because of SLE 11?

What will the state of Factory be during this time?

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.