Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:46:52 +0100
On 12/15/2008 at 14:43, Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First we talked about July '09 release to come close to an 8 months
release cycle. But KDE 4.3 is scheduled for release on June 30th and

probably an OpenOffice.org release will be out end of June as well -

both wouldn't make it into a July openSUSE 11.2. Therfor we're now

It's like always with release dates: getting in 'sync' with upstream
projects is close to impossible, except if they would all adjust.

So we postpone 11.2 for 2 month in order to get KDE 4.3 in... sounds
actually quiet fair.

And just to let you know: by the typical 6 month cycle, just in
September will most likely be also Gnome 2.28 ;) So we just miss the
addition of hte greatest / best of gnome...

but you see what I want to say with this anyhow.

Dominique