[opensuse-project] FOSDEM 2009: CFP & more information ...
  • From: Martin Lasarsch <mlasars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:16:07 +0100
Hi

internal suse list is on bcc:, reply to: is set to opensuse-project.

Today i received the confirmation that openSUSE will have a devroom @ FOSEM
2009!

Yay! Because it's a little bit earlier next year (2008-02-07/08), we should
start right now with the the planing.

If you have no idea what FOSDEM is:
http://www.fosdem.org/2009/
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-marketing/2008-11/msg00025.html
http://en.opensuse.org/FOSDEM2009 (previous years linked at the end)

* CFP
So lets start with the call for papers. We always have quite a big crowd of
SUSE/Novell staff at FOSDEM, but we want more community talks. So if you have
an idea for a presentation, please send it to the list. Yes, i said idea, not
if you want to make it. If you want to make it: perfect. If not: we might
find someone who can. In the end it's about interesting presentations the
community want to hear.

Please look at the old schedules to get an idea what happened the last years,
or even watch the videos.

The official deadline is not really announced (i just says 3 weeks before the
event), but because i want to book the hotel this year (before 15.12) it
would be appreciated that we do it a little bit faster this time. This is
for SUSE/Novell staff only important, but it would be nice to have a full
schedule quite early this time.

* booth
if you want, you can help us at the booth. So far we never had a problem doing
that with SUSE/Novell staff, but it makes more fun with YOU! :-)
If you have some fresh ideas how to improve the booth ... otherwise it will be
again 2 laptops with big displays.

* travel
So far i made no decision which hotel we will use. For general travel
information look at the official FOSDEM page.

SUSE/Novell staff: talk with your manager if he will pay for the travel. Even
if you don't plan to do a presentation for openSUSE, contact me for booking
the hotel/flight.

* wiki
If you think you will participate at FOSDEM, enter your name at the wikipage
if you want.

--
with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
martin.lasarsch@xxxxxxx - http://www.opensuse.org