Re: [opensuse-project] Novell internal programsonNON-OSSrepository? (ie Novell Client)
  • From: "Joe Harmon" <jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:54:10 -0700
As said, the novfs in the kernel is of an older version than the one shipped
with NCL2.0SP1 (beta), and the newer novfs does not build (missing
asm/semaphore.h, bailing out with semaphore.count afterwards).

The one in the kernel is newer to the one that shipped with 2.0 SP1. If it has
an older version number then that is probably just a bug.

Besides that, I could install it (--nodeps on novell-xtier, due to libfd
version mismatches.. some symlinking fixed it). Login works typically too.

This is one of the build issues that we have fixed.

Joe, if there is anything anybody from the community can offer for this to
move at a higher speed, please speak up. We are plenty out here, some with
more, some with less knowledge, but all of us with a lot of will to get our
targets moving.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have you help. The issue is that the
components that are having the build issues are the closed source components.