Re: [opensuse-project] Novell internal programs on NON-OSS repository? (ie Novell Client)
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:43:04 +0100
"Joe Harmon" <jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 10:04 +0100, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
It does sound quite hopeless, tried in the past already. Seems that
the Novell Client for Linux is developed by the part of Novell that
doesn't care at all about openSUSE.

I didn't say this, I quoted it to disagree with it.

I don't agree with this statement. If we didn't care about openSUSE
then we wouldn't develop to it. And we ran into other issues with
the kmp method

I'd like to know more about them.

and putting novfs in the kernel was a benefit to us. I also don't
think the different release cycles are an issue.

and I'm glad you found this work-around.

Joe Harmon

:)

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5