Re: [opensuse-project] how to send e-mails with my e-mail address?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "OS-prjct" <opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [opensuse-project] how to send e-mails with my e-mail address?

On Monday, 2008-10-20 at 20:25 -0500, Kevin Yeaux wrote:

Here's how I send email, and others may have other ways, but it works for me:

When your preferred email client gives you the option of typing your address,
simply type in your given address. Then set that email up to go
out through the SMTP option of your choice (mine is through my ISP's SMTP
server), and use your existing ISP email account info.

The problem is that many ISP smtp servers here reject emails whose "from"
address is not the one in the contract, ie, not one of theirs. That's his
problem and also mine.

Yeah, I just saw that. So no, my suggestion would not work ;-).
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail - <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Meet Bob Barr - Libertarian for President <>