Re: [opensuse-project] how to send e-mails with my opensuse.org e-mail address?
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:39:10 -0400
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 20 October 2008 16:54, Vincent Untz wrote:
This reply is not really useful, and it doesn't feel respectful
either (at least, to me). Please try to avoid this.

I think the implication is that by sending from an address that (appears
to be) in the opensuse.org domain you are effectively trying to
impersonate someone officially affiliated with the openSUSE project.

@opensuse.org email aliases are available to members of the project --
so, some people may wish to also send mail that is from that alias.

Unfortunately, we don't at this time provide SMTP service, thus some
members may have issues sending mail from those addresses.

See here: http://en.opensuse.org/Members and here:
https://users.opensuse.org/membership/list?page=3

Harmut is a member, so he is entitled to an email alias, and his
question doesn't strike me as "deceptive" or obfuscation.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier