Re: [opensuse-project] how to send e-mails with my opensuse.org e-mail address?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:10:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2008-10-20 at 15:24 -0500, Bryen wrote:

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 22:16 +0200, Hartmut Meyer wrote:

Can someone explain to me how to send e-mail with my opensuse.org e-mail
address? The address itself is working fine: I can receive e-mails.

But what SMTP server would I for sending? And how to authenticate?

I. It is an forwarding address which forwards to your primary
account. To send mail under that address, simply use your
existing smtp server that you authenticate to.

and if your existing smtp server rejects you with the o.o alias (mine does), you can use the smtp server of gmail, if you previously configure a setting in gmail telling them you are using them to send with any other alias you want to.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.