Re: [opensuse-project] I propose a packagers meeting
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:25:16 +0200

Stephen Shaw wrote:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Pascal Bleser
<pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Michal Marek wrote:
But in both cases a mail to opensuse-packaging "Is anyone working on
XYZ" would have worked as well, right? I'm not saying a regular
packagers meeting is a bad idea, but I think to avoid duplicate
packaging work, there are better means of coordination that having to
wait six days till the next meeting ;).
Agreed, I don't think it would be useful for that purpose.
While it might be a good idea, although I'm not sure what we'd talk
about :), we'd rather need some proper web application for
- managing a wishlist
- have packagers take items from the wishlist
(and no, not the wiki)

These are some good points. Maybe this is something we could discuss
in a meeting, even if a 1 time only meeting :) With openSUSE becoming
more a community distribution it might be good to have a regular
packaging channel?

I don't think it's needed at this point.

Packaging related questions can already be asked in the
#opensuse-buildservice channel (even if it isn't related to a package
built in the OBS, at least IMHO), and we have an opensuse-packaging
mailing-list too.

- --
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\\ -- I took the green pill