Re: [opensuse-project] I propose a packagers meeting
  • From: Leo Eraly <leo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:53:59 +0200

Michal Marek wrote:
But in both cases a mail to opensuse-packaging "Is anyone working on
XYZ" would have worked as well, right? I'm not saying a regular
packagers meeting is a bad idea, but I think to avoid duplicate
packaging work, there are better means of coordination that having to
wait six days till the next meeting ;).

Agreed, I don't think it would be useful for that purpose.
While it might be a good idea, although I'm not sure what we'd talk
about :), we'd rather need some proper web application for
- - managing a wishlist
- - have packagers take items from the wishlist
(and no, not the wiki)

You are right, the wiki is a pain for this

For that purpose something like debian is using could be useful

At lot of this functionality is maybe already in OBS or could be added
to OBS.

If we would like to make more people contribute to contrib something
like that could be helpful.