Re: [opensuse-project] I propose a packagers meeting
  • From: Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:35:50 +0200

I want to add my $0,05 into discussion.

Before I started packaging for openSUSE, I used Fedora. Fedora has well
organized packaging.

1) You create SPEC, SRPM;
2) submit them to new bug in bugzilla, as review request;
3) fix all "bugs" resubmitting SPEC and SRPM every time
4) wait for review and approval
5) compile package and watch via Koji
6) add to Bodhi and wait for tests

7) when updating, just rebuild in Koji
8) add to Bodhi as update and wait for tests

I thought I bit about openSUSE situation and made a draft.

1) You prepare package in oBS (doesn't matter which client with)
2) click "request contrib review" / trigger (Web/console)
3) wait for reviewer, fix bugs and wait for final review
4) when package is in contrib (*), every time you want to
do an update, you click/trigger "submit update" (Web/console)
and wait for tests

(*) I think contrib is quite bad name, since most people of the world
know "community" better than "contrib(ution)", but one man can't change
the world. At least not if he's wanting this to do alone.

Tell me what to do you think.

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek