[opensuse-project] I propose a packagers meeting
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:50:05 -0600
I think it would be useful to gather all packagers together and have a
meeting. I think this would help maximize our efforts and help out new
comers to opensuse packaging. Maybe once a week on Wednesday.

With community/contrib repos and being able to contribute to openSUSE
factory, more organization among the packagers in the community could
help develop a great set of repositories and help share the work load
that the current packages have.

Last night made me think about this. I packaged up the new gimp 2.6 for
factory and submitted it (which took some time to get everything
together). It was rejected because someone else already had done it.
If I had known that someone else was working on it, I could have put all
of that effort into another package.

Stephen Shaw
Proud 2008 openSUSE Board Candidate