Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstream versions?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:42:15 +0100
Le jeudi 28 février 2008 à 10:51 +0100, Marcus Meissner a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:01:52PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
FWIW, at the GNOME level, we were asked by Debian and Gentoo packagers
to provide a single file containing the latest versions for all
stable/unstable modules. This would make life easier for them since they
wouldn't have to crawl the FTP many times.

Also, it'd be possible to push the information to openSUSE when we
upload a new tarball on the GNOME FTP.

My scripts read the GNOME RSS feed. Wonder why you do not put it there.

Well, an RSS feed is still the pull model on the openSUSE side. But it
works, yes :-) We might want to have a feed with more items, though (you
can miss some tarballs on release days if many maintainers upload at the
same time).

It seems some of the packagers in other distros also like to have the
complete current state, and not just updates, that's why such a file
would be useful for them. (still the pull model, and not push model,
though)

Anyway, if you need improvements on the GNOME side for this, I can help
with that.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.