Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstream versions?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:22:41 +0100
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:15:58 +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:

Which is a waste of time IMO.

Seconded.

If we already _know_ the package, then there should be a field "package"
n Bugzilla where the assignment gets done automatically.

Sigh, the good old SuSE times when Klaas AFAIR hacked Bugzilla and
misused the keywords feature to give us exactly that: you entered the
package name and it automatically looked up the maintainer and assigned
the bug to her/him.
Being the default assignee for the development component I sure would
rejoice having that feature back :)

Philipp