Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstream versions?
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:51:08 +0100
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:01:52PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 27 février 2008 à 15:51 -0500, JP Rosevear a écrit :
On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 19:46 +0100, Christian Morales Vega wrote:
If the packager doesn't knows about the new version he can leave the
package outdated for a long time. So would be good that, at some time,
if an user finds the problem he reports it. But, how should be
reported? There is any feature planned in the OBS to help with this?

For specifically learning about the new version, Marcus Meissner has
some code that crawls for version updates, maybe we could turn that
into a system on opensuse.org that you can subscribe to somehow for
notifications.

FWIW, at the GNOME level, we were asked by Debian and Gentoo packagers
to provide a single file containing the latest versions for all
stable/unstable modules. This would make life easier for them since they
wouldn't have to crawl the FTP many times.

Also, it'd be possible to push the information to openSUSE when we
upload a new tarball on the GNOME FTP.

My scripts read the GNOME RSS feed. Wonder why you do not put it there.

Ciao, Marcus