Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstream versions?
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:00:39 +0100
On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Christian Morales Vega wrote:

If the packager doesn't knows about the new version he can leave the
package outdated for a long time. So would be good that, at some time,
if an user finds the problem he reports it. But, how should be
reported? There is any feature planned in the OBS to help with this?

I think the proposed way should be:

a) fork the package and update the version
b) the OBS should make it obvious for maintainers of a package that their
package got forked and notice it then and merge back the change.

Other than that, I guess a bugzilla entry is the most obvious solution. but we
do create the buildservice to make it possible for people to participate
actively :)

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint