Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal: Create development information sharing blog for openSUSE activities
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:40:36 +0100

On 2008-02-26 18:25:23 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Discussion: How to name the machine?

* lizards.opensuse.org - current favorite
* developer.opensuse.org
* develop.opensuse.org
* tech.opensuse.org
* labs.opensuse.org - good name but causes confusion with SUSE Labs.
Btw. the SUSE Labs developer should use the site as well.
* ideas.opensuse.org would have been a good name, but it is already
taken.
* knowledge.opensuse.org
* research.opensuse.org
* brainfood.opensuse.org
* developernet.opensuse.org
* playground.opensuse.org

how about "devblog.opensuse.org" to make it very clear what it's all
about?

how about using news.o.o for that?
we dont need a new hostname for every new topic.

How do you want to separate it? Please see my original email where I
differentiated them, they do have different target groups,

tagged articles. just as we would differentiate them on planetsuse with
the other proposals in this thread. just adding a new domain because the
topic is slightly different doesnt really help. and we could interest
new users for the technical stuff when keeping it on normal news.o.o.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you