Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal: Create development information sharing blog for openSUSE activities
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:31:37 -0600
On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Francis Giannaros wrote:

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Benji Weber <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It generally seems like a good idea, some people do complain and not
subscribe to planetsuse due to the ratio between on topic and off
topic posts there.

Maybe we can just work or discuss on how to improve the Planet situation.

For example, blogs which are 95% off-topic (i.e. not remotely
SUSE/Linux related for 95% of posts) are just clearly not appropriate
for an open source blog planet (hence people constantly complaining
about this on IRC, etc.).

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros http://francis.giannaros.org

I like Benji's idea of tags for Planet SUSE. One of the things I like about Planet SUSE is not just the tech info for SUSE, but also it's fun to get to learn a bit about the SUSE devs from the blogs.

Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Linux Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hope for America: Ron Paul for President <RonPaul2008.com>