Re: [opensuse-project] Getting Local User Groups off the ground
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:13:44 +0100
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Roger Whittaker
<roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 08:32:52AM +0100, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > So I've been working on a new project, the openSUSE Local User
> > Groups. The idea is to have local groups of openSUSE to help each
> > other, and help introduce openSUSE to their area.
>
> This is a great idea.

[...]

Only provided that it is done with great care, diplomacy and
sensitivity, so that it is clear that any new openSUSE local group is
not perceived as being set up in a way that detracts from or splits
from already established Linux User Groups.

Yes. I'd also like to find out what we can do to better support
existing LUGs -- but, I think there's also room for local groups of
openSUSE users -- maybe as standalone groups, or maybe as SIGs with
existing LUGs.

Best,

Zonker
--