Re: [opensuse-project] fedora needs some deltarpm love :)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:13:18 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2008-02-15 at 14:55 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Andreas Jaeger <> wrote:

I'm confident that Fedora crew will figure how to do this... but they
are currently stuck and if there can be some colaboration that would
be great because deltarpm would really help feople who have slow
internet connections who do updates...

In that mater the suse team, and probably fedora and the rest, have yet to solve another issue: downloading smaller rpms is a good thing, but currently while checking for updates we have to download a lot of "metadata", some megabytes, I think.

If somebody can devise a trick to make the checking for updates much faster and with far less download bytes, that would be a very good thing for all those with limited network connection. Or metered connection.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.