Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:29:23 +0100
On Saturday 09 February 2008, Pascal Bleser wrote:
( ... lots of good stuff ... )

Thanks Pascal for this insightful post. I think it summarizes the discussion
pretty well and points out the key issues. We are bootstrapping a new
organization here. This is exciting, but it also comes with some special
difficulties. We have to get over this as a community and I completely agree
with Pascal that it's better to get something done than discussing the
perfect solution eternally. Of course we still have to discuss what we are
doing, but I think that's a given.

I really think the key issue here is the word "member".
As Francis wrote already, and we're very aware of that as we discussed
it a lot on board meetings, the term is far from being perfect but it's
the best we've come up with at this point.

I agree with that. I would suggest to use "core member" or "core contributor"
instead. This captures the fact that the people who get opensuse.org
addresses are the core of the project and still doesn't exclude anybody from
feeling as a member or contributor to the project without formal recognition.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>