Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:17:22 +0100
On Monday 11 February 2008, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Yes, that could happen - but what alternatives do you see? Once we have
elections, we need to restrict the voter list somehow IMO.

I see the following options right now:
* Having an users.opensuse.org account and signed the guiding principles

I think this would be the preferable option. It's open and gives the board a
very broad legitimation. As we probably will have some constraints to ensure
that Novell retains a certain amount of control, I also don't think this will
lead to problems with something like a "hostile takeover".

An alternative would be to form something like a election committee which is
independent of the board and handles registration of voters based on some
defined criteria. This would be less open and more complex, but it would
probably solve most problems.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>