Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:23:24 +0100
* the "general" members. They work for openSUSE for years, with little
or no recognition, other than eventual bitorrent prioritary access or
demo dvd and tshirts on the mail

Hmmm my old SuSE T-Shirt needs replacing :-)

This is an interesting discussion. I see the same from time to time
with various projects over on OpenOffice.org - for example with the
recent launching of the new forum. There was a real struggle with a
similar set of issues... who is a "volunteer" (member)? How are they
selected? etc. In the end there is essentially a board who grant
people access just as there is shaping up here. The people granted
access are expected to behave like adults, and so far everyone is :-)
I think the same will be true here. openSUSE is really growing up.
It's rather nice to see things like the email address and IRC mask
being offered to people here.

C.