Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:14:30 +0000
On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 12:59:38PM -0600, Rajko M. wrote:

[...]

It gives no additional rights, it doesn't make you school
representative in official sense, it is just plain "we (the openSUSE
community) like what you are doing and this is our way to say thank
you".

It does: it's been clearly stated that membership as defined means
that you "speak for the project". That's one of the concerns that I
was trying to raise: what happens when someone who "speaks for the
project" gets out of line?

This has the potential for causing a lot of trouble, and I would urge
the Board to think carefully now about how they will deal with it when
it happens.

[...]