Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:19:56 +0000

Benji Weber wrote:
[...]

You keep stating that you are unhappy with the terminology and
approach. If you can suggest an improvement to either than please
state it. It is difficult to understand your viewpoint when you are
only criticising and not suggesting alternatives. If you were the
board, what would you do?

I know what your are trying to do here, but it doesn't work this way.
I would not have introduced such a membership in the first place (in
particular if it was only introduced to hand out email addresses),
therefore my alternative is clear. However, some people (the board)
decided to adopt a code of conduct (although the discussion was
diverse), some people decided to implement such a membership, some
people decided about the criteria, etc. The community was only informed
afterwards. Since everything is now already in place and the criteria
etc are applied, you can't change it anymore (you can only adjust it,
and even that would be problematic), you can't go back. I am getting
somewhat tired of having to repeat the arguments why I think it was not
such a good approach just because you don't like what I say and try to
disregard me and my opinion. Take it as is - as I said, we don't have to
agree. Let's see how the whole thing will work out in the future, some
people are obviously very keen on getting an opensuse.org email address.
Fair enough. This is definitely the last email from me in this thread.
If you want to respond, send a PM. I think many subscribers aren't
really interested in this discussion.

Regards, Th.