Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:40:03 +1300
On Fri 08 Feb 2008 12:44:02 NZDT +1300, Martin Schlander wrote:

My heart says screw the evil crap, but my brain says it's a good idea to keep
the division with FOSS CDs (albeit with wlan firmware) on one hand and on the
other hand the "mixed source" dvd5 that "just works out of the box". This way
we have something for everyone.

Very well expressed. I'd love to stuff various pieces of binary-only
software down the bit drain too, but it's not realistically possible.
Java, acroread and flash are a must. A big bonus of SUSE has always been
the ease of installation - flick in a disk, push buttons, have coffee,
done. I can see the purists' point, but I don't like to see the
1-disk-install feature disappear.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.