[opensuse-project] fedora needs some deltarpm love :)
  • From: "Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:23:23 +0100
Hi,
let me first introduce myself. I'm a Fedora contributor and Fedora
Ambassador for Croatia, but I'm not directly part od Fedora board or
Fedora Project.

Still I would like to ask you for assistance in one matter that you
have more experience dealing that Fedora - and that is deltarpm.
Fedora 9 features list has Presto[1] on it - it is a yum plugin that
handles deltarpms during updates.
Currently the deltarpm integration is stuck because the infrastructure
team is stuck[2] in its implementation.

Is there some way in which you can help with your longer experience
with handling deltarpm files so that this greatly needed feature comes
on by default in Fedora 9?

Is there some other list that is more specialized on this sort of
topics that I would be better of trying elsewere?

Cheers,
Valent from Croatia.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration