Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 02:01:27 +0000
On 09/02/2008, Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 18:44 -0700, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
I really want to have the line blurred. I want to be a member of the
community, but I have had my email address for over 20 years(all though
whois shows 1994), I really do not want an opensuse.org address or an IRC
cloak. I do contribute to the community. I have a BS account and do some
packaging. I do want a say in the voting of the board. So I think there
should be a catagory for those of us that are contributing, but do not
want the email address or IRC cloak.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>

I don't think there's anything that requires you to use the email
address/cloak. If you become a member, you would still be listed on the
Members page, and thus get the recognition you deserved as a
contributor. The email and cloak are perks of membership, to be used
wisely if used at all, of course.

Indeed, and please don't read my personal opinions and speculation
about voting as factual information. I am not even a member, have no
more information than you. The only canonical information is on
http://en.opensuse.org/Members and emails from Francis/Pascal.

Thanks

--
Benjamin Weber