Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:44:33 -0700
On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Saturday 09 February 2008 00:47:29 Pascal Bleser wrote:

The idea behind it is really to vanish the border between Novell
employees and non-Novell employees who are contributing to the openSUSE
project at large.

That's completely to the point. You don't have to be a Novell employee to be a
contributor to openSUSE. Whatever we can do to stress that and tear down
walls between inside and outside of Novell improves the openSUSE community
and will bring the project forward. That we now have a mechanism to give
opensuse.org mail addresses to Novell-external people is one great step.

I really want to have the line blurred. I want to be a member of the
community, but I have had my email address for over 20 years(all though
whois shows 1994), I really do not want an opensuse.org address or an IRC
cloak. I do contribute to the community. I have a BS account and do some
packaging. I do want a say in the voting of the board. So I think there
should be a catagory for those of us that are contributing, but do not
want the email address or IRC cloak.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>