Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:30:44 +0000
On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 09:38:10AM +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:

The whole idea behind it is really to "reward" active contributors, give
them more visibility and credit.

And that's a good thing.

I find it a bit odd that people think it's a disclosing factor for
others, while the goal is really to reward and bring people forward.
But maybe we just need to clarify that a lot more.
What do you think ?

By their nature such things both motivate and exclude: that's just the
way it is. I used to be keen on singing, and reasonably competant,
but still not prepared to apply to a choir that required an audition.