Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:28:16 -0600
The only proprietary packages that I think are really significant are
Sun
Java, Adobe Flash and the wlan firmware blobs. Do any of these packages
prohibit redistribution? If not, I'm for keeping them on the dvd5.

I would add Adobe Reader. Some PDF's are of good quality only if viewed in it.

My heart says screw the evil crap, but my brain says it's a good idea to keep
the division with FOSS CDs (albeit with wlan firmware) on one hand and on the
other hand the "mixed source" dvd5 that "just works out of the box". This way
we have something for everyone.

I agree.

Alberto