Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 00:44:02 +0100
Torsdag den 7. Februar 2008 10:52:52 skrev Benji Weber:
There are two things to decide:

1: Should we remove all non-free software which restricts redistribution.
2: Should we remove all non-free software and have a completely pure
system.

The only proprietary packages that I think are really significant are Sun
Java, Adobe Flash and the wlan firmware blobs. Do any of these packages
prohibit redistribution? If not, I'm for keeping them on the dvd5.

My heart says screw the evil crap, but my brain says it's a good idea to keep
the division with FOSS CDs (albeit with wlan firmware) on one hand and on the
other hand the "mixed source" dvd5 that "just works out of the box". This way
we have something for everyone.