Re: [opensuse-project] IRC cloaks
  • From: Carlos Gonçalves <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:56:00 +0000
Em Quinta, 7 de Fevereiro de 2008, o Francis Giannaros escreveu:
The second might be preferred since the first might not directly say
why they have the cloak, or what specifically they're involved in. The
first method is a lot less work, and you might avoid putting people
into categories when they in reality overlap.

Yes, I agree with you. There are people involved in various areas, and
restrict them to @opensuse/<cat>/<nickname> would lack the other areas.

I think @opensuse/contributor would be better, because it
distinguishes /user, /board, and /developer (where I think /developer should
only be used by Novell employees).

Another issue: should @opensuse/user/<nick> be handed out to anyone
who's asked for it and has signed the guiding principles? The hope is
to eventually handle all IRC cloaks (and email addresses) through the
user directory in the future.

You've 100% my support.

While some may think it's not useful, I truly believe as giving openSUSE
clocks to users will show some self-recognition, support, and encourage those
users to take an active part on the community itself.

Basically (ordered by status/priority):

* @opensuse/developer/<nickname> (Novell employees)
* @opensuse/contributor/<nickname> (openSUSE contributors)
* @opensuse/user/<nickname> (openSUSE users)