Re: [opensuse-project] IRC cloaks
  • From: Nikolay Derkach <nderkach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:40:34 +0300
В Чтв, 07/02/2008 в 16:16 +0000, Francis Giannaros пишет:
One of the new things that we're trying to introduce is more
@opensuse/ cloaks on Freenode. A few things remain which might be good
to open up for discussion -- what cloak to give to openSUSE members?

The two main options (as I see it) are:

* Provide one standard IRC cloak that all openSUSE
contributors/developers/translators/members would get. In this case I
quite like @opensuse/<nickname>

* On the other hand, would it be good to have some categorisation?
Such as @opensuse/contributor, /developer, /translator?

The second might be preferred since the first might not directly say
why they have the cloak, or what specifically they're involved in. The
first method is a lot less work, and you might avoid putting people
into categories when they in reality overlap.

What if a contributor participates in the project by various means? Say,
a translator can easily be a developer at the same time.
Thus I vote for the first solution.

Another issue: should @opensuse/user/<nick> be handed out to anyone
who's asked for it and has signed the guiding principles? The hope is
to eventually handle all IRC cloaks (and email addresses) through the
user directory in the future.

Good idea.

--
Regards, Nikolay Derkach