Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:32:38 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Am Donnerstag 07 Februar 2008 schrieb Benji Weber:
Worth bearing in mind for (2) that even if all non-free software is
removed the user can still not freely modify and redistribute the
modified versions because of all the Novell trademarks and some
non-free artwork included.

The rules of modifications is exactly what the new EULA would then
be about. E.g. "You can copy and redistribute. If you want to modify
it, make sure you rename the product and replace the artwork before
you redistribute your modified version" would be an EULA I would read :)

Greetings, Stephan

I would like to have the copyrighted material in a separate package,
or easily found

Definitely - that's one topic of this weeks' dist meeting (see Coolo's
email titled "Dist Meeting" on the factory list from a few days ago):
- how to handle branding of the distribution

We have done some steps but this needs a bit more work
incl. documentation.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany