Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: "Francis Giannaros" <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:07:47 +0000
On Feb 7, 2008 9:33 AM, Claes Backstrom <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 6, 2008 10:11 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
* the DVD5 does not have any non-oss software on it - this will
allow for a simplified EULA - the non-oss medium will continue
to have the old EULA then

- we want to make the EULA _really_ simple in using only OSS, currently
the EULA (if you read it) forbids you to distribute copies of your
downloaded openSUSE - because of the non-oss software bundled

This reason alone should tell everyone that the NON-OSS software have
to be removed from the OSS media.

Note, however, that we have had some pretty 'pure' OSS media all
along: the 1 CD installations (including the Live CDs). The question
here is only about the DVD5.

Regards,
--
Francis Giannaros http://francis.giannaros.org