Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:41:30 +0000
On 07/02/2008, Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 07 February 2008, Benji Weber wrote:

There are two things to decide:

1: Should we remove all non-free software which restricts redistribution.
2: Should we remove all non-free software and have a completely pure
system.

is there a significant difference? the only thing that would be 2 but not 1 is
java, and that one just solves itself currently.. (at least for x86).

How does it solve itself? GCJ/Classpath are not java.

I forgot to mention I too lean towards the second option, if we're
removing other things, but thought it was worth mentioning the
distinction.

--
Benjamin Weber