Re: [opensuse-project] Code of Conduct: adopted!
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:36:31 -0600
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 12:09 +0100, Stephan Binner wrote:

Hi, Stephan,

Why on IRC? Are mailing discussions unwanted? Then I understand why there
were
no/so few reactions by the proposer on the mailing list to the concerns about
the signatures, being too vague, mention of users who have non-English mother
tongue and considered uselessness. Summarizing the discussion as unanimous
support for a Code of Conduct is a bit strange...

Sorry for jumping the gun on sending out the announcement. I guess I
rationalized the mails in the discussion as "there is rough agreement
and some concerns which fortunately just need some simple
clarifications". That turned out to be not the case :(

You know when you are so excited about an idea that you thing everything
must be fine and you should go ahead with it? That's exactly what
happened to me yesterday. Sorry again.

Let's discuss this tomorrow in the project meeting. In the meantime,
I've changed the wiki page to acknowledge the moderators (big oops on my
part for forgetting about that!) and to mention the board only as a
last-resort thing.

Federico