Re: [opensuse-project] Code of Conduct: adopted!
  • From: Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:09:26 +0100
On Tuesday, 5. February 2008 08:23:03 Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Stephan, looking again at the thread, I'm a bit surprised by your reaction.
Could we discuss the code of conduct in the openSUSE IRC meeting on

Why on IRC? Are mailing discussions unwanted? Then I understand why there were
no/so few reactions by the proposer on the mailing list to the concerns about
the signatures, being too vague, mention of users who have non-English mother
tongue and considered uselessness. Summarizing the discussion as unanimous
support for a Code of Conduct is a bit strange...

Btw, it was only some remark by some other board member on IRC afterwards
which mentioned that the signature stuff in there is only a copy and paste
error from the GNOME wiki. If that doesn't raise doubts if Federico did read
it at all and has put put own thoughts into this topic?

Another point, for the Guiding Principles we have discussed every little
revision - here I only saw the first proposal, nothing in-between and then
some final changed version declared adopted by surprise.

Also, (parts of) the board seems imo to think that it can control or have
control over everything: I don't see this eg for IRC or the forums. But it
seems it's slowly realising that as it has withdrawn its promise to be able
to say who will be listed on Planet SUSE from the list of member benefits.

Bye,
Steve