Re: [opensuse-project] FOSDEM 2008
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:16:58 +0000
Pascal Bleser wrote:

True, but we'd really like to see more talks held by community members
(i.e. non Novell/SUSE employees).
Would be great to have feedback from the trenches, from people
contributing to user communities (e.g. forums, IRC, mailing-lists, ...),
especially the localized ones, to know what the issues are (lack of
information, collaboration, visibility ?) and how to address them.

For example, we could plan a one hour brainstorming/discussing session
if enough people from the community attend and get involved, to see
exactly what can be done to improve the situation.

And again, if enough people from the community attend, we could do a
similar session about translators: issues, how to improve, ideas, etc...

Apart from the openSUSE devroom, FOSDEM hosts an insane amount (over
200) of talks, and a great occasion to meet other community members and
people working for SUSE/Novell in real life, to discuss, at the stand or
around a beer^W^Wsome of the finest beers in the world ;)

So, if anyone has ideas, would like to contribute (taking part in such a
discussion session, make a presentation, spend some time at the stand to
show off openSUSE, the OBS, etc...), please make yourself heard.

Pascal,

I'm going to be there, I would be willing to talk about how the Bongo
Project has benefited from the OBS or something along those lines if
that would help. Bongo is thinking about requesting a Stand, just
waiting to hear back from people as to their availability.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa