Re: [opensuse-project] FOSDEM 2008
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:32:40 +0100

Josef Assad wrote:
Martin Lasarsch wrote:
Hi
This is not a schedule, nor is it fixed. Please add something if you have
other ideas. We had this year 17 talks, should be in the same range ... If
someone is interested to make a talk, this is the right thread for it.

I know this was already in FOSDEM 2007, but I really think OBS merits
special recognition and will continue to do so. Down the line, it
carries the potential to change how software makes it from the
developer's vim buffer to deployment in service of the user.

True, but we'd really like to see more talks held by community members
(i.e. non Novell/SUSE employees).
Would be great to have feedback from the trenches, from people
contributing to user communities (e.g. forums, IRC, mailing-lists, ...),
especially the localized ones, to know what the issues are (lack of
information, collaboration, visibility ?) and how to address them.

For example, we could plan a one hour brainstorming/discussing session
if enough people from the community attend and get involved, to see
exactly what can be done to improve the situation.

And again, if enough people from the community attend, we could do a
similar session about translators: issues, how to improve, ideas, etc...

Apart from the openSUSE devroom, FOSDEM hosts an insane amount (over
200) of talks, and a great occasion to meet other community members and
people working for SUSE/Novell in real life, to discuss, at the stand or
around a beer^W^Wsome of the finest beers in the world ;)

So, if anyone has ideas, would like to contribute (taking part in such a
discussion session, make a presentation, spend some time at the stand to
show off openSUSE, the OBS, etc...), please make yourself heard.

cheers
- --