[opensuse-project] FOSDEM 2008
  • From: Martin Lasarsch <mlasars@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:35:18 +0100
Hi

We started last week the FOSDEM planing, so far we have some ideas about the
talks and i try to get some money (i will keep you posted ...).

We thought about topics which reflect successfull projects in openSUSE or
areas where a lot of work going on right now. We just thought what would be
interesting for the community. Everybody agreed that it would be nice to have
more community talks, from the community, to the community ... here are some
ideas:

- Education
- compiz fusion
- openSUSE community (presentation of a local user group community member)
- 1-Click
- packman - the "other" site ... :-) (not limited to one site ...)
- openSUSE board
- KDE4 (maybe a combined talk with KDE members)
- GNOME (for example accessibility)
- php
- openSUSE 11.0
- ATI driver
- LTSP
- product creator/KIWI
- Laptop tracks

This is not a schedule, nor is it fixed. Please add something if you have
other ideas. We had this year 17 talks, should be in the same range ... If
someone is interested to make a talk, this is the right thread for it.

Booth:
I guess it was quite good this year imho, i hope i can get again the large
counters from Novell.

Feel free to comment ...
--
with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
martin.lasarsch@xxxxxxx - http://www.opensuse.org