Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Maciej Pilichowski <macias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:18:12 +0100
Hello,

I answer to incremental update, ok? I assume you were using 10.2
before 10.3. Would it be any harm to you (your system), if
instead of upgrading/(re)installing whole 10.3 over 10.2, you did
the following (using 10.2 all the time):
a) update boot mechanism to boot faster (in June)
b) update Yast SM to faster version (in July)
c) update regular KMail to KMail Enterprise (...and so on)
d) update KDE 3.5.7 to 3.5.8
e) ...

And while doing and testing all that, in each time would they make
the new version?

New version of what? OpenSuse? I explained that before the with
incremental update "release" would be rather snapshot of the archive.

With what
resources they would do what they already do, which is to make a new
release and maintain the bugfix/security of previous ***AND*** do
backports and tests like that?

Please, do the math. How do you expect it would be easier to handle 10
(KDE, kernel, Gnome, OpenOffice, etc. for example) changes than 1
change (KDE)? I don't get it.

Ok, I think there is no point in discussing it further -- it works for
other systems, it works (partially) even for opensuse, but... what
can I say more :-)

have a nice day, bye
--
Maciej Pilichowski